I'm so proud of you, Juanita!!! One delicious British chocolate bar is winging its way to Edmonton for you - well, that's a lie, but one will be in the post eventually...
This was so much fun! There were only a couple of cheaters, but they were gracious cheaters, and in the words of one confessing cheating quizzer: "while I don't get the point for this, I get the gift of knowledge. Priceless." Another got points for honesty about cheating, because I am the Quiz Master and I can decide. And no, that honest cheater wasn't Janet.
Here are the questions and answers - I know many of you are going to read the answers and go, "ohhh, I knew that!!". But I know even more of you are going to read the answers and go, "seriously?? There are people that know that??"
2.What is the name of the mountain that Noah's ark came to rest atop? In which modern country is that mountain found? Mount Ararat, Turkey
3. An osier is which species of tree? Willow
4. What is the Statue of Justice holding in her left hand, on the top of Old Bailey in London? Scales
5. Logan Airport is in which American city? (Side note and hint: the answer is not 'Chicargo', which was what one of the opposing teams actually wrote down...) Boston
6. In which English county is the iron age hill fort called Maiden Castle, and which town does it overlook? Dorset, Dorchester
7. Cincinnati is in which state? Ohio
8. November 1st is what day according to the Catholic Church calendar? All Saints Day
9. What's Sidney Crosby's number? 87
10. Who played football/soccer for Notthingham Forest and Manchester United & then managed Sunderland? Roy Keane - and yes, Mum, people actually knew this!! Best answer: Blanko Blankerton.
11. What is the Quentin Tarantino film starring John Travolta and Uma Thurman? Pulp Fiction
12. What is the epithet applied to the city of Rome? The Eternal City
13. What's the name of the dog from Garfield? Odie - everyone got this right. hahaha!
14.What highway links Edmonton & Calgary? Are you ready for this Brits? It's called the Queen Elizabeth II highway. Mwa ha ha!!!
15. What is the common term for Tinea Pedis? Athlete's Foot
16. If you had a stamp with CCCP on it, where did it come from? USSR
17. What's the capital of Manitoba? Winnipeg
18. Who was the first Canadian Prime Minister? John A. Macdonald
19. Who started the Marathon of Hope? Terry Fox (Most hilarious answer: Barack Obama??)
20. What's my daughter's first name? Elizabeth (duh). Accepted answers: Issabet, Bth, Elizabeauty.
21. Who is this? Hint: he was a steeplejack. (As if anyone from Canada even knows what that means.)
|Fred Dibnah! (Hilarious answers included Betsy Trainhumper, The Dib, "??" , and "Nope". The winner's answer - often heard at pub quizzes around the world - "Can't put a name to that face, but he seems awfully familiar.")|
|Steve Irwin!! (Everyone got this too!)|
|Canadian Tire (Most hilarious answer: "The Canadian Short Stop Store")|
"But is her sweet expression worth more than my love and affection"
Diana Ross & The Supremes, "Stop In the Name Of Love
Thanks for playing everyone! This was super fun!!!