Tuesday 29 May 2012

I'm Not Sure How I Feel About This.

My friends & I had a conversation the other day about housing prices - see, we do talk about more than just toddlers and babies! And in this conversation, my friend Kate said something to the effect of, "I am pretty much against the 'buying-houses-to-let' thing." (As in buying a house, getting a great mortgage rate, and then renting it for more than your mortgage prices... as in something Canadians do all the time...) When I asked why, she pointed out that there are so few 'affordable' houses in England, that these 'investors' make it harder for young couples & families to ever buy their own house, as the number of homes in their price range is so low. This leads to young couples & families renting, not having excess funds at the end of the month to put towards saving for a house-deposit, and staying in rentals forever.

Wow.

I had seriously NEVER thought of that before.

No comments: